The moon landing with Astronomitaly
On Friday, 18th September and Saturday, 19th September, in collaboration with Astronomitaly, the Averau Refuge celebrates the Apollo 11 lunar mission and its crew, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, the first persons to step onto the lunar surface on 20th July 1969.
L’evento, inizialmente programmato per il 20 e 21 luglio, è saltato a causa delle avverse condizioni meteo, ma abbiamo deciso di riprovarci venerdì 18 e sabato 19 settembre sperando nel bel tempo. Stesso programma e sempre in fase di luna nuova!
Two professionalsequipped with optical instruments for the observation of the sky will be available to anyone who wants to stargaze. On these two days there’s New Moon and this lunar phase, combined with an excellent position of the Milky Way, allows the best view of the year.
– PROGRAM –
Friday 18th September
7 pm: shuttle service from the 5 Torri Refuge (€ 15 round trip per person). For those who reach the Averau Refuge on foot, the appointment is set there for 7.30 pm.
– Astronomical observation with 2 professional operators and 2 telescopes 10 €
– A la carte dinner
Saturday 19th September
– from 8.30 am to 2.30 pm: 3D journey through the cosmos and observation of the sun with a special Coronado Solar Telescope. The Virtual Reality sessions are individual activities and last about 15 minutes each.
– All activities are for free.
The instruments will be sterilized with a special UV ray procedure.
Info: +39 0436 4660 / +39 335 6868066
- Private events at the Averau Mountain Hut 1 June 2022
- Stammtisch: all great things begin around a table 1 February 2022
- Rock climbing wall Averau Sud “Renè De Pol” 16 July 2020
- Astronomitaly’s “I cieli più belli d’Italia (Italy’s Most Beautiful Skies)” Certification 10 June 2020